Utilize the provided docs attached for guidance and writing. Only need to have Section F, G, and conclusion finished. Please add on to the paper provided. Thank you.
Identify a specific presenting concern that one of the Vargas family members has identified this week. Create a “transcript” of a session as a solution-focused counselor, using solution-oriented terms and concepts, to work with the client in identifying a solution to the problem. The transcript should be 500-750 words in length.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Since the last session, you received a call from Elizabeth who stated her family was in crisis. She reported that her nephew Geoff, the 15-year-old stepson of Bob’s sister, Katie, had nearly overdosed. She said that the family had noticed some changes with Geoff since his father’s recent death, but attributed the poor mood and slipping grades to the normal effects of grief. Elizabeth said that Geoff had never used drugs, as far as anybody in the family knew, and that the overdose was “a total surprise.” Elizabeth reported that after learning of this, Bob’s mother, Linda, called the school counselor but complained to Katie that “she was not at all helpful,” and told Katie exactly how she should handle it. Katie spoke with the school counselor who told her that she was not allowed to speak with Linda due to matters of confidentiality. Elizabeth informed you that Katie had shared her frustration with the school counselor’s suggestions to help him “get his mind off the sadness,” and believed he needed more help. You learned that Bob’s father, Tim, was trying his best to help, and that Elizabeth felt his intrusion was making matters worse. Among other things, Tim had taken Geoff out of school on a week-long camping trip against Katie’s wishes. Elizabeth said that the involvement of Linda and Tim, despite their good intentions, had begun to cause widespread family strife and asked if you could possibly see the entire family.
Scenario: A 96-year-old male patient is admitted to the ICU with terminal liver cancer. He is confused and disoriented, very skinny and appears underfed, and is covered with bruises, which are common in patients with liver disorders. His daughter, who is a naturopathic physician, insists that she can cure her father by administering unknown substances, some of which smell like feces and look like tar, down his NG tube. He is clearly in pain after she does this. She insists that these are life-saving interventions on her part, but the nursing and physician staff caring for the patient are very upset and concerned that she is hastening his death. They have come to you for help.
1) Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that describes how to use the method of ethical decision making, reviewed in the module, to help resolve this ethical dilemma. Address the following to generate your conclusions about how you would proceed:
a) What are the dimensions of the ethical dilemma?
b) What are the issues?
c) Apply the four core ethical principles and the process of ethical decision making.
2) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
3) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Case Study, Chapter 23, Professional Identity and Image
Nursing care is frequently perceived by the public as simple and unskilled. Many male nurses live in fear of how their caring actions might be interpreted. Many nurses hold that stereotypes about the profession are true, just as the general public does. Public identity and image has been a struggle for nurses for a long time. The greater public clearly does not understand what professional nursing is all about, and the nursing profession has done a poor job of correcting long-standing, historically inaccurate stereotypes.
1. What are the common nursing stereotypes?
2. What was the role of the Center for Nursing Advocacy? Discuss the role of Truth about Nursing in addressing inaccurate or negative portrayals of nursing in the media and the process they use to raise public and professional awareness of the issues surrounding nursing public image?
3. What are some of the ways of changing nursing’s image in the public eye?
4. One of the most important strategies needed to change nursing’s image is to change the image of nursing in the mind of the image makers. What are some of the key ways for nurses to interact with the media?
Topic: GCS Glascow Coma Scale
Task: Research Paper
Duration: 18 hours
You are required to write about the lastest litereature review about GCS Glascow Coma Scale. Refer to the attached pictures for additional information on what you are required to do. Follow the instructions carefully.
ASSIGNMENT: Data Sets
- Demonstrate compliance with healthcare data sets (Blooms 3)
Part I: Review the information on Data Sets from your lesson. Study the Table 1 provided in the lesson. Create your own table with 3 columns and copy the information from the table in the lesson for the first 2 columns for DEEDS, MDS, OASIS, UACDS, and UHDDS.
Part II: Research each of these online and/or in the Peden textbook
– In the 3rd column, show 4 data elements that are required for each of the data sets.
Part III: Open the inpatient record provided as an attachment below
– Analyze the documentation in the record to see if it would meet the requirement for the UHDDS data elements you included in your table.
– Type a Yes or a No after each of the data elements to indicate if you were able to find the data element in the chart.
To effectively develop policies and programs to improve population health, it is useful to use a framework to guide the process. Different organizations and governmental agencies (for example, Healthy People 2020) have created a variety of such frameworks, which establish measures for assessing population health. These measures frequently are derived from the examination of epidemiologic data, which include key measures of population health such as mortality, morbidity, life expectancy, etc. Within each measure are a variety of progress indicators that use epidemiologic data to assess improvement or change.
For this Discussion, you will apply a framework developed by Kindig, Asada, and Booske (2008) to a population health issue of interest to you. This framework includes five key health determinants that should be considered when developing policies and programs to improve population health: access to health care, individual behavior, social environment, physical environment, and genetics.
Review the article “A Population Health Framework for Setting National and State Health Goals,” focusing on population health determinants.
Review the information in the blog post “What Is Population Health?”
With this information in mind, elect a population health issue that is of interest to you-(SELECT CHILDHOOD OBESITY)
Using this week’s Learning Resources, the Walden Library, and other relevant resources, conduct a search to locate current data on your population health issue.
Consider how epidemiologic data has been used to design population health measures and policy initiatives in addressing this issue.
Post a summary of how the five population health determinants (access to health care, individual behavior, social environment, physical environment, and genetics) affect your selected health issue, and which determinants you think are most impactful for that particular issue and why.
Explain how epidemiologic data supports the significance of your issue, and explain how this data has been used in designing population health measures and policy initiatives.
(CHECK THE DOCUMENT AND VIDEOS ATTACHED BELLOW)
For this task, you will complete a SWOT analysis to determine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of a specific healthcare organization’s service or product. Based on your SWOT analysis, you will then propose an additional service or product to market for the organization, while also comparing it to a competing healthcare organization’s service or product.
This task is designed to provide practice for the analysis, service proposal, and competition analysis that you will complete as part of Final Project Milestone Two in Module Five.
The assignment is due Sunday 11/24. The rubric and worksheet with information are attached.
Develop a change project and to implement this project in the field. To review the early steps in the research process, we have developed a mini-practice research assignment to prepare you. During this lesson, you will use the PICOT questioning format/formula to develop an answerable research question. All elements are listed below:
- P: Population/disease (age, gender, ethnicity, disorder)
- I: Intervention or variable of interest (exposure to a disease, risk behavior, prognostic factor)
- C: Comparison (a placebo or “business as usual” such as no disease, absence of risk factor, or prognostic factor B)
- O: Outcome (risk of disease, accuracy of a diagnosis, rate of occurrence of adverse outcome)
- T: Time (the time it takes to demonstrate an outcome; e.g., the time it takes for the intervention to achieve an outcome or how long participants are observed)
Prepare an evidence-based practice (EBP) PowerPoint presentation on a topic of your choice that is relevant to advanced nursing practice education, leadership, quality improvement, or change.
Your presentation should include:
- Identification of an advanced practice nursing issue or practice problem of concern
- Design a research question using the PICOT format
- A brief literature review and findings related to best practices with at least three scholarly resources cited in APA (6th ed.) format
- Plan, Do, Study, Act Process that could be used
- Any implications that the investigation might have for nursing practice
Remember is for Nursing related topic.